|Study location||United Kingdom, University of Bedfordshire|
|Type||Master courses, full-time|
|Nominal duration||1 Years|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
At least 2 reference(s) should be provided.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
Past students have commented that this course has broadened career
opportunities and enhanced their career progression, providing them
with the impetus and enthusiasm to adopt wider educational roles and
responsibilities. One former student has reported that the course made
her ‘working life a lot more fulfilling’.
During the course you will:
- Recognise your strengths and weaknesses in workplace based
learning and teaching
- Enjoy a flexible course structure that allows you to schedule your
study sessions around your own daily commitments
- Learn creative approaches to teaching, learning and assessment
- Become a critical, analytical and reflective healthcare and
- Engage in work-related professional development activities
- Take part in a programme described as having heart
Areas of study you may cover in this course include:
- Medical education in practice
- Dental education in practice
- Simulation in practice
- Education policy and leadership
- Contemporary educational perspectives
- Workplace-based learning
- Promoting professionalism
- Curriculum in practice
- Professional development
- Faculty development
- Evidence-based medical education
- Medical education project
CAREER MANAGEMENT SKILLS
The identification of your strengths and interests as a teacher and
educator in medical education will be encouraged through personal
reflection and peer / tutor feedback. Your emerging profile as a
medical educator will allow you to judge yourself against the
standards set out by the Higher Education Academy, Nursing and
Midwifery Council and General Medical Council.
CAREER/FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
Designed to develop the skills and practices of those who wish to
develop and enhance their educational role(s) in medical, dental and
other healthcare contexts.
Opportunities to study single units for CPD purposes through to full
MA in Medical Education.