|Study location||United Kingdom, Liverpool|
|Type||Master courses, full-time|
|Nominal duration||1 year|
|Tuition fee||£16,500 per year|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
university degree in Social Sciences, Arts, Humanities and other relevant disciplines with a minimum of 2:1 standard
This programme assumes no prior knowledge of marketing, and is therefore less suitable for applicants with a first degree in marketing
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
IELTS: 6.5 (with a minimum of 6.0 in each component)
At least 2 reference(s) should be provided.
Please upload at least 2 academic references. They must be signed by the referee and be on official letter-headed paper in order for them to be accepted.
The opportunity to benefit from a range of exemptions from the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) professional qualification modules, which are highly sought by employers.
- The chance to undertake innovative forms of assessment involving live projects in order to blend theory with practice. Students have worked hands-on with various public and private sector organisations (e.g. Liverpool City Council, Liverpool University Library, Woolton Cinema, Liverpool Farmers’ Markets) providing a diverse range of answers to real marketing problems.
- A working knowledge of contemporary marketing issues. Coursework on recent modules has included topics such as analysis of consumer behaviour regarding social media and music downloading.
- Networking opportunities with marketing experts. In addition to a dynamic range of academic staff, guest lectures from Marketing Directors and Marketing Consultants provide real-world expertise and advice for students.
- The chance to take part in a vibrant research environment, enriched by major international marketing conferences and seminars held at the university and hosted by the School’s Marketing group.
- This 12-month programme consists of eight taught compulsory modules followed by a Strategic Business Analysis/Dissertation carried out over the summer period upon completion of Semester Two.
Programme graduates should have enhanced access to a wide range of ‘marketing management’ positions within both public and private sector organisations. These would include management services companies, consultancies, ‘blue chip’ manufacturing companies, major retailers and IT sectors. The content and delivery of the programme will also equip students with the marketing knowledge and expertise to cope with marketing aspects of operating their own business. Graduates are now working in Abbott Laboratories Limited, Bank of East Asia (China) Moet Hennessey Diageo and Standard Chartered Bank.