MAInternational Relations and Security
United Kingdom, Liverpool
|Study location||United Kingdom, Liverpool|
|Type||Master courses, full-time|
|Nominal duration||1 year|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher)
a good 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in Politics studies or a related area e.g. other social science degrees. On occassion, we will also consider a good 2:1 Bachelor’s degree from a non social science area.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
IELTS: 6.5 (with a minimum of 6.0 in each component)
At least 2 reference(s) should be provided.
Expenses, accommodation, working etc.
Interested? To learn more about this study programme, entry requirements and application process, please contact one of our consultants in a country nearest to you.
Studying Politics develops critical and research skills valued by employers – data collection and analysis, problem-solving, argument and self-expression. Graduates have achieved much success in areas such as broadcasting, journalism, the civil service, government (local, national and European), marketing, public relations and academia.
Politics degree opens career prospects in these areas:
- Parliament, e.g. assistant to member of parliament,
- Government institutions (state or local level), e.g. civil servant or as a diplomat,
- International Organizations (e.g. UN, NATO, EU),
- Non-governmental organizations (e.g. Human Rights Watch),
- Newspaper journalism and other media,
- Corporate sector, e.g. lobbying or consultancy positions, in public relations, or to provide strategic analysis within the companies.
- Academia or political consultancy (Think Tank).